Friday, August 27, 2010

Baby Update

I am now 17 weeks pregnant and still not really showing. Luis and I can tell that I'm getting fatter but we're pretty much the only two. I had Luis take a profile picture of me a few days ago, and you can't tell I'm pregnant at all so I decided not to post it. But oh well. Haha the most exciting news this week is that we felt the baby kick on Monday! We were getting ready to have family home evening and I thought that I felt it kick so I told Luis. Amazingly, he could feel it too! The baby kept kicking me in the same spot hard! We were both tickled pink. Now that I know what it feels like, I can feel it kick more often, but Luis hasn't felt it, and it hasn't kicked as hard since then. We're both really excited, and it's fun to know that there really is a baby in there haha. We've been trying to get a lot of the big stuff that we need for the baby before school starts and so we've been going to a lot of garage sales and looking on KSL. My mom has helped us out a lot and she found us a car seat, swing, and a pack 'n play. Then we went last weekend with her and we found a baby carrier, bouncy seat, video monitor and a high chair for really cheap. She also gave us an old stroller that she's had for awhile. Luis and I were looking on KSL this week and we found a guy who was selling a matching crib, changing table, and a dresser all for $100 dollars. Luis and I were lucky enough to be the first people to call him and we went up and looked at it. It looked almost brand new and really good quality, so we bought it!! I feel like we've been so blessed to find all of this big stuff that we need for really cheap. I feel kind of weird buying baby stuff before I'm even showing, but I figure that we're going to be in school until December. Then we have to move because Luis graduates, and then January or February the baby is coming. So we just figured if we could find all this stuff for cheap now, then we won't have to stress about it later when we're trying to deal with school and move. We find out the sex of the baby in about 3 weeks and we are so excited. We both kind of want a girl because they're so cute and we can dress them up all adorable. I'd be more than happy with a boy too though because I loved having older brothers. We'll see though, I'm just excited to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment