Friday, May 21, 2010

California!

Last weekend, Luis and I went to California for his brother, Anthony's, graduation. It's kind of weird, even though I hate driving for 11 hours, I still kinda like it because it's 11 hours stuck in a car with Luis. We have a lot of fun talking and spending time together:) On Friday we woke up and babysat Anthony and Kira's two little kids Ellie and James. It was a lot of fun, they are too cute! We jumped on the trampoline, drew with chalk, and played in their "castle". After that, we went to see the rest of Luis' family and hung out with them for awhile. That night, Luis went to the father and son's with Anthony and James, while I stayed and had a girl's night with Kira, Ellie, and Luis' sister, Kathryn. It has been so long since I have had a girl's night. We painted our toe nails and Ellie picked out sparkly pink for me haha. Luis is still weirded out by the fact that my nails are painted. I haven't painted them since before we were married! Then we went and got ice cream from Baskin Robins, came back, and Ellie and I baked a birthday cake for Luis. I was surprised at how well she did for a 4 year-old!! Then we watched A Knight's Tale and waited for the guys to get home. Saturday was the graduation and it was a really good ceremony. I was loving how nice the weather was!! Anthony graduated!! Yay Anthony!! Haha I was way bummed because I forgot my camera and so I didn't get any pictures of this weekend. After the graduation, we went to dinner at El Toritos for Luis' birthday dinner and had cake and ice cream. The cake was pretty sweet, Kira decorated it into a half graduation, half birthday cake. It looked good!! Then they both opened presents. Luis got some workout shorts and a gift card and Anthony got a pull-up bar and some dumb bells so he can do P90X. All-in-all it was a great weekend!! I really enjoyed staying at Anthony and Kira's house and playing with Ellie and James. They are such a great family and it was fun to see them again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment